Andrew Koussevitzky is an attorney specializing in the intersection between corporate and regulatory law when it comes to cannabis and hemp. Andrew is based in Los Angeles, California
advising his clients on local and state business licensing, land use and zoning, corporate transactions, and corporate compliance. Andrew is licensed to practice law in California, New York, and Florida. Andrew has been working with operators in highly regulated industries for many years and has been an advocate for legal cannabis since he began practicing law in 2011. Prior to his work as a corporate compliance and business attorney, Andrew practiced criminal defense where he primarily defended and advocated for individuals charged with cannabis related crimes.
Andrew is now seen as a thought leader in the cannabis community due to his vast experience in the field having advised hundreds of cannabis business operators. Andrew provides his clients with legal advice and representation in all facets of securing business licenses including the local and state licensing application process, standard operating procedures, pro formas, corporate formation, real estate, business plans, and community benefits.
Andrew has spoken at numerous events regarding emerging industries. He is a graduate of St. Thomas School of Law in Miami, Florida. Andrew currently lives in Los Angeles with his wife and daughter. Prior to his career as an attorney, Andrew was a full-time touring musician and Capitol Records recording artist.
- Prepared license and permit applications on behalf of cannabis corporations, obtained business licenses from multiple municipalities in California;
- Provided legal advice re: zoning, land use, business plan, security plan, insurance coverage, site plan, live scan, water/waste plans;
- Provided regulatory counsel for companies through mergers and acquisitions with aggregate transaction values over $30 million;
- Ensured clients complied with state and local requirements in order to obtain their license or permits;
- Reviewed THC product labels and packaging for compliance on behalf of licensed cannabis companies;
- Secured federal trademarks for cannabis brands;
- Provided regulatory counsel for intellectual property licensing agreements for California cannabis companies to market their brands throughout the State;
- Counseled cannabis companies through local and state cannabis business license transfers;
- Contributed to 50 state law survey regarding rapidly changing hemp and CBD laws;
- Counseling on state and local compliance regarding contractual relationships including real estate, vendor agreements, and employment.