Dan is an associate attorney focusing his practice around branding, intellectual property strategies, entity formation and licensing. Dan has worked directly with clients that range from start-up companies to leading international institutions in industries such as pharmaceuticals, medical devices, life science, cannabis and universities. He has extensive experience with the extraordinary demands of start-up companies and leveraging innovative assets when negotiating business deals with larger corporations.
Dan regularly counsels clients on the importance of interweaving different methods of intellectual property protection to create a more valuable corporate portfolio. He has extensive experience writing intellectual property licensing/royalty agreements as a former in house counsel for both a major University and a tech start up company. In addition, he consults and advises clients on trademark matters by performing clearance searches and blends in the specific business benefits to different intellectual property approaches.
- Licensed software and medical devices in the healthcare space while navigating the necessary regulations including HIPAA, Anti-kickback Law, Stark Law and all other data rights and ownership issues.
- Protected and licensed life science assets for a major University with over 250 active cases. Executed licenses involved both non-exclusive and exclusive deals with assets ranging from patents to trademarks to know-how.
- Created an innovation sandbox at a world renown hospital that included guidance concerning branding, client acquisition, project assessment and investment diligence.
- Formed a limited liability company with all associated documentation for a learning platform for students with disabilities.
- Served as in-house counsel for a start-up company from inception through a $16 million dollar Series A investment round.
- Assisted clients in generating programs around brand adherence and enforcement.
Dan earned his J.D. from the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law in 2013 and a B.S. degree with honors from Wake Forest University in 2006.