Dan Kramer’s practices focuses on advising emerging and growth-stage companies on matters relating to intellectual property, intellectual property licensing, branding, corporate governance, data privacy and management, mergers and acquisitions, and other intellectual property-based transactions.
Dan’s experience over his 7-year practice comes from a variety of entities and practice areas. He worked as sole in-house counsel for start-up companies from inception through multiple funding rounds and managed intellectual property assets to leverage higher valuations, drafted and maintained corporate governance documents, handled all employment and real estate matters, and negotiated, drafted, and executed all business transaction documents. He has represented government agencies on intellectual property disputes and regulatory procedures and policies and a major education institution managing transactions and intellectual property assets and licensing.
Dan has extensive experience when it comes to highly regulated industries such as healthcare,
big data, biodefense, and cannabis. He regularly counsels clients on how to utilize intellectual property assets in these difficult industries to build a more attractive business to investors within the regulatory boundaries.
Dan has lectured at the University of Denver on the value of intellectual property and technology transfer to growing a business.
Licensed in Colorado, Dan received his J.D. from the University of Maryland Francis King
Carey School of Law in 2013 and his B.S. in biochemistry from Wake Forest University in 2006.
Dan is admitted in Colorado.
- Obtained trademark protection for a California hemp company
- Secured rights in usage data resulting from a major pharmacy benefit manager’s use of a
healthcare information technology start-up’s platform
- Licensed biotech based intellectual property assets from a world renown university in a
single transaction worth over $45 million to a major pharmaceutical company
- Successfully stopped infringers from profiting off the trademark and domain rights of an
agency of the United States government
- Represented a start up company in Colorado on all governance, formation, and
investment matters, which said company now has a valuation of over $80 million.
- Represented seller in sale of distressed cultivation facility in Boulder County, Colorado
- Represented seller of a distribution license and associated property in Long Beach,
- Represented a private company in all investment matters including a large Series A