Kresimir Peharda is a corporate and M&A attorney. A majority of his practice is devoted to the cannabis and hemp industries.
Kresimir advises on commercial agreements, corporate and corporate governance, investment, M&A, and securities. He represents private equity funds, multi-state operators, and public companies in acquisitions and vertically integrated companies in sales, financing and reorganization transactions.
Kresimir has represented companies in all stages of development from start-ups to public reporting companies in various industries including education, healthcare, real estate, technology and software. His clients benefit from his experience representing public companies and hands-on operational experience in three start-ups, two in healthcare and one in real estate.
He often acts as outside general counsel for private companies, advising them on corporate compliance, board and management matters, investor relations, equity compensation, and strategic business matters.
Kresimir is a member of the International Cannabis Bar Association and the Cannabis Section of the Los Angeles County Bar. He received his B.A. from Harvard College and J.D. from Pepperdine University.
- Represented leading CA vertically integrated cannabis company in reorganization with a view to a sale
- Represented leading private equity fund in $30M acquisition of 2 CA based companies
- Represented leading CO hemp processor in corporate, equity compensation and commercial agreements
- Represented leading medical marijuana retailer in corporate, securities and corporate governance
- Negotiated and drafted a settlement of a business dispute between owners of a leading cannabis brand