Scott F. Roberts is a Detroit-based business and real estate attorney whose practice is focused on representing Michigan Cannabis businesses. Scott represents Michigan Cannabis businesses on corporate, real estate, municipal and compliance matters, including all five license types as well as ancillary Cannabis businesses. His focus on business and real estate law sets him apart from other Michigan Cannabis attorneys. Mr. Roberts is also active in representing Michigan CBD businesses, Michigan Micro-businesses, as well as advising early stage hemp projects in Michigan.
Scott graduated from the University of Miami with honors in 2010. He has spoken at Michigan conferences and events on matters related to Michigan medical and recreational marijuana start-ups.
- Assisted Cannabis companies in acquiring “green zone” real estate and securing municipal licenses
- Represented purchasers and sellers in several seven-figure real estate deals
- Formed and helped structure dozens of Michigan Cannabis companies
- Assisted multiple companies in raising seven figure investment amounts
- Represented Cannabis real estate companies in buying and flipping properties
- Corporate officer with two Michigan-based national corporations
- Assisted clients in persuading two Michigan municipalities to “opt-in” to the MMFLA
- Assisted CBD wholesalers and retailers in complying with Michigan and Federal law
- Drafted convertible notes for six and seven figure investments in Michigan medical marijuana licensees, including both licensed, operating facilities as well as pre-operating companies